OUT OF HOURS EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS: 07739 684404 or 07803 627421
Suite 7 Old Barn Offices
Salts Farm, East Guldeford
Rye, East Sussex
TN31 7PA
tel: 01797 227000
fax: 01797 226500
email: info@rmaidb.co.uk

 

Funding

The Romney Marshes Area Internal Drainage Board is a self-funding public body.

Approximately 24% of the Board’s adjusted net expenditure is met from the agricultural rate and the remaining 76% is met by Special Levies charged on the councils in the district.

The calculation of the rate and special levies for the year 1st April 2017 - 31st March 2018 is:-

Agricultural Rate   £180,382
Special Levies Ashford Borough Council £10,605
  Rother District Council £121,121
  Shepway District Council £443,766
Total Income   £755,874

Rates collected are used to pay for the maintenance or improvement of watercourses and structures. Approximately 46% of the income received is paid to the Environment Agency in the form of a precept to contribute to the maintenance of their watercourses and assets.

The Agency makes a contribution to the Board for accepting upland water from the catchment into the lowland area.

Click here to view the Board's Rating Notice 2017/18

Click here to view the Board's Rating Notice 2016/17

Click here pdf to view the Board's Rating Notice for 2015/16